REQUIREMENTS and OTHER SUCH NOTES:
1) Accepted pieces will be published on the Home page of our website and later moved to The Hive section.
2) Please keep submissions around or under 1600 words.
3) We value the strength and diversity of the people of Philadelphia. No racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, or ableist work will be considered.
4) No previous publication experience required, though we ask that you please keep in mind that you may be asked to edit and re-submit your work. We at Apiary focus first and foremost on uplifting the voices of the people of Philadelphia from all ages and backgrounds, and we want to hear what you have to say. Edits will only be required to make the piece more accessible to our readership, and we promise to work with you through the editing process.
5) Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, though if your piece is accepted elsewhere, please let us know.
6) Please include a photo with appropriate credit in your submission email to be used as the header image for your piece.
7) Submit proposals or completed pieces to Nonfiction Editor Faye Chevalier at email@example.com. Please allow some time for response.
At Apiary, we believe strongly in the power of printed poetry & fiction. At the same time, we maintain an equally deep appreciation for & love of Internet-based forms of literature.
To that end, we invite you to submit your multimedia literary content to be considered for online publication with Apiary.
Please send your finest audio/visual literary content, image macros, videos & other forms of multimedia literature to our Multimedia Editor, Amy Saul-Zerby, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please let us know if your piece is accepted elsewhere.
Be sure to introduce yourself & include any introduction to your piece that may be helpful to Amy in reading/viewing/listening to your submission.
Accepted pieces will be published on the Home page & later moved to The Hive section.